MicroLoan Foundation (Malawi) Limited is Malawi’s fastest growing social microfinance institution. We are currently searching for a dynamic and energetic CEO to conceptualize and execute the next
phase of our transformation that will transition us to market leadership. The candidate will be a creative strategist who is entrepreneurial by nature and brings courage, tenacity, and passion to the role. He/she will provide clear direction to a rapidly evolving institution, ensuring solid operating and financial performance, and have exceptional people management skills in recruiting and developing the talent needed to accomplish high performance standards, and implementing new operational
systems and procedures.
▪ Articulate a clear vision for achieving the ambitious growth strategy outlined in the strategic plan and for positioning MicroLoan as a leading provider of high-quality financial services;
▪ Determine, shape and implement an operational strategy that enhances MicroLoan’s operational agility, capacity and capability, and ensure that a culture of continuous improvement is embedded in the company’s activities;
▪ Shape and implement strategic projects and corporate change initiatives that enhance MicroLoan’s overall mission, and which anticipate/respond to external opportunities and emerging challenges;
▪ Identify important areas for market innovation and lead the development of solutions that drive
customer acquisition, customer retention, product usage and revenue growth;
▪ Develop and foster a stakeholder engagement strategy that amplifies new and existing partnerships and advances the commercial and social ambitions of MicroLoan.
▪ A Master’s degree in microfinance, banking, accounting, business administration, economics, finance, management or a related field;
▪ A minimum of ten years’ experience, at least five of which should involve hands-on direct experience at the senior management level in fintech, retail banking, development finance or microfinance operations;
▪ Thorough knowledge of financial services risks, principles and practices, and current trends and developments in the microfinance industry;
▪ A passion for financial inclusion and women’s empowerment;
▪ Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, as well as demonstrated experience leading and building cohesive, high performing teams.
▪ Must be a Malawian national.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Published on: 07/06/2022